Turning ideas and concepts into reality.
Due to the huge demand for space at Tribe, we’ve decided to retain one of our spaces as a pop up only – The Hive. This busy space is where some of the city’s best creators share their innovative concepts and test the market.
As a Hive member you get greater flexibility of commitment and just pay for the time you need or can afford.
Interested? Here’s what you need to know.
Cost: midweek (8am – 8pm, M-F) £50 | weekend (8am – 8pm, S-S) £50
Includes: Marketing, Lighting and power, first refusal on vacant units, wifi
Excludes: Point of Sale displays, exterior signage, fittings and fixtures
Extra hours: 8pm – close: £10/hour
Size – The Hive is a 40ft long x 8ft wide x 7ft high shipping container, so you’ll have approximately 10ft x 8ft of floor space, with additional wall space.
- You can bring your own free standing shelving and display units, but nothing can be affixed to the walls, ceiling or floor with screws.
- You can’t change the colour or fabric of the interior or exterior walls or windows.
- You can’t affix any exterior signage or branding.
- You can’t compete with products being offered by existing Tribe members
- You may not promote venues or events that directly compete with Tribe Carlisle and our members
- You may hang lightweight internal signs, pictures or promotional materials with small nails or removable adhesive fixings.
- You are encouraged to promote your presence at Tribe Carlisle, and will have access to our marketing manager to help promote you via our house channels.
- You can pay online via our booking form. Payment is due at the time of booking via credit/debit card.
- You can also book in person in cash, or via Bank Transfer.
- Please be advised that your booking is not confirmed until full payment is received. To pay via bank transfer, please contact us via email email@example.com.
- An electronic receipt will be issued
- Please note, no vat, service charge or additional fees are charged for The Hive
- Possibly, but we allow up to four small businesses per day to use the Hive, so you may find yourself sharing with other like-minded business owners.
- You can book the unit exclusively by purchasing all four slots for the time of your booking.
- We work on a first come, first served basis. If another member books the same time slot as you and sells the same product, we’ll offer the later booking the opportunity to change their dates or provide a full refund.
- Yes, provided each person sharing purchases their own space, OR you all stay within your purchased space.
- Visit the booking form, where you’ll find a calendar with available memberships.
- Due to demand, we’re unable to guarantee alternative dates, but we’ll do our best to offer you another slot. You must notify us 72 hours before your booking is due to start in order to qualify for a refund. Any notice given less than 72 hours before the start of the booking will be non refundable.
- No refunds / transfers will be issued on any unused days / hours of trade
- Access is from 8am on the first day of your booking.
- No prior access is available due to other people renting the unit.
- Please plan to spend the first hour or so of your booking getting set up, and bear this in mind when designing your point of sale display and product range.
- You must vacate the unit on the day your booking ends.
- We don’t have any storage space, so on your final day all of your stock must be removed within one hour of your booking ending.
- Yes of course. Please bring anything you need to present your products
- The Hive allows retail sales of any products that are legal and do not have licensing / age restrictions.
- Anything that our Members are already selling,
- Anything that has an age restriction (i.e. alcohol, knives, tobacco etc etc), or
- Anything that you need a license to sell.
- We also don’t allow preparation and sales of hot food and drinks at the Hive.
- Of course. You can email any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org, or head down to site and ask a member of staff.
- Yes, you’ll need public liability insurance for the times you’ll be trading and to cover your equipment, fixtures etc. This is relatively low cost for most retailers.
- Yes, of course, you can book as many slots as you like to either get exclusive access of the unit or to trade over multiple days/weeks
- We allow bookings up to three months in advance
- No sorry, the outside of your container will feature the Hive branding. You are welcome to include your branding across your own point of sale displays inside the unit, and we will include your profile on our website and social media channels.
- Container branding is reserved for our full Members.
- Yes of course, we’d love for you to graduate from the Hive, into your own unit at Tribe and eventually into your own shop on the High Street.
- This, of course, depends on availability of units. All Hive members will be offered spaces before they are marketed publicly.
They are many, but some highlights include:
- Business support package from the LEP, The Guild and Cumbria Social Enterprise Partnership
- Local, regional and national media recognition
- 24/7 access
- Trading 8am – 11pm, 7 days a week
- Be part of the Tribe community, where members share ideas, successes and failures to support one another and improve the site
- Opportunity to grow into another Tribe elsewhere in the country (this is a pilot that will be showcased to other towns and cities across the North)
- Your own branding on the outside of the container, and freedom to fit out the inside of the unit to your own liking.
- Access to grants and funding from local business support schemes